78BHP, 743cc Four Cylinder Engine
Originally a Helicopter manufacture, MV was owned by Count Agusta and began motorcycle manufacture in 1948.the company eventually went racing in earnest, and their DOHC singles, triples and four cylinders dominated internatinal racing between the decline of Norton in the 1950’s and the rise of the Japanese in the 1970s. Famous riders included Mike Hailwood, John Surtees and Giacomo Agostini and the company won 63 world chamipionships between 1951 and 1970.the ultimate road going MV was the Red, White and Blue750S from the 1970s. a DOHC four cylinder rocket notable for it’s looks as much as it’s performance. curiously, Count Agusta was so nervous about privateers being competitive that all street versions of the 750 were shaft-drive so that the slightly less efficient system would give the chain-drive works bikes the edge in the event they should meet.
Both paint and chrome work are in excellent condition. finished suitably in the red, white and blue colours of MV. sittiong on Borrani alloy wire rims, the bike is fitted with laeger Dellorto PHF 32 Carburettors and a high-lift camshaft, which are understood to be a kit that was available from the factory when the bike was new, with recorded mileage of 1,845km showing when the machine was restored. the original Italian registration plate is mounted to the rear mudguard.